The 13th Annual Employment Law, Legislative & Regulatory Update Friday, April 26, 2019
Join us for this annual, full-day seminar as we review legal, legislative and regulatory updates and trends over the last 12 months including and not limited to:
- Proposals, new rules, court decisions and guidance published by federal agencies like the U.S. EEOC, DOL, OFCCP, OSHA, and NLRB impacting how employers administer ADA, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, NLRA, PDA, Title VII, and more (enough alphabet soup?!);
- Federal legislation and regulations that are poised to impact your employment practices, including the new overtime rule;
- HR & Employment law “hot topics” plus state legislative trends including (and not limited to):
- Employment Agreements: No Poaching, Non-Disclosure, No Solicitation, Non-Competes, Arbitration (to name just a few!)
- Fair/Predictive Scheduling
- Fair Pay, Pay History & Minimum Wage
- “Gig” & Non-Traditional Workers
- Harassment, Bullying & Mandatory Training
- Marijuana: Legalized, Decriminalized & Medical
- Reasonable Accommodation (for religion, pregnancy & disability)
- Second Chance Employment
- Substance Use, Abuse & Workplace Testing
- (Un)Paid Leave: Sick, Parental, Family
- A brief summary of the 439th session of the Maryland General Assembly and what may be on the horizon for 2020.
$179 per person. Includes free parking, continental breakfast, lunch and participant booklet. Pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for 6.5 credits. At least 72 hours’ notice for cancellation refund.
TIME: 8:00 – 8:30 Registration & Continental Breakfast; 8:30 – 4:00 Seminar with Lunch and Breaks.
LOCATION: The Meeting House, 5885 Robert Oliver Place, Columbia, MD