12th Annual Employment Law, Legislative & Regulatory Update: Friday, April 27, 2018
Join us for this Full Day Seminar as we review legal, legislative and regulatory updates and trends over the last 12 months including and not limited to:
- The Elephant in the Room! Maryland’s Healthy Working Families Act – Compliance tips, unanswered questions and next steps;
- Wage and Hour Updates – Recent DOL Opinion Letters clarifying the status of joint employer, unpaid interns, wage deductions and more;
- Top Ten State Legislative Trends Sweeping the Nation that impact HR and employment practices;
- Pending Federal Legislation related to HR and employment practices;
- Court decisions (re)interpreting compliance with the ADA, ADEA, FLSA, FMLA, NLRA, Title VII, and more (enough alphabet soup?!);
- A summary of the 2018 session of the Maryland General Assembly; and
- What may be on the horizon for 2019.
$179 per person (first price increase in ten years!). Includes free parking, continental breakfast, lunch and printed materials. Pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for 6.5 credits.
TIME: 8:00 – 8:30 Registration & Continental Breakfast; 8:30 – 4:00 Seminar with Lunch and Breaks.
LOCATION: Howard Community College Charles I. Ecker Business Training Center, 6751 Columbia Gateway Drive, ROOM #5, Columbia, Maryland 21046
72 hours’ notice required for refund.