July 22, 2020
Workplace Discrimination: The Evolution Continues
On June 15th, the U.S. Supreme Court held by a 6-3 vote, in a 172 page opinion, that Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination based on sexual orientation and as well as gender identity. Concurrently, states and local jurisdictions are enacting a variety of new laws providing additional employment protections. Join this interactive program as we review issues related to:
- Benevolent discrimination
- Hair styles
- COVID-19 (anti-retaliation, business immunity, workers’ compensation, unemployment, workplace safety & more!)
- Mini-WARN (reduction in force)
- Employee expenses
- Biometrics, Health & wellness
- Salary history
- Minimum salary
- Smoking (of various products…to name a few.)
Join this interactive program as we review the latest news, developments, the impact to HR and employment policies, practices, and programs.
This program is pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for 1.25 credits. $25 pp. To register, click here and then on “View Session Recordings” in the upper right corner.