August 12, 2015
Tools for HR Compliance: A Webcast Hosted by NAMIC
Hosted by NAMIC 2:00 – 3:00 EST
Maintaining HR Compliance requires due diligence, periodic monitoring and the willingness to make change when needed. This can become challenging when employment laws, regulations and interpretations are ever-changing. Topics will include (exclusive of health care benefits):
• What are the most common violations of the:
o Fair Labor Standards Act
o Americans with Disabilities Act
o Title VII of the Civil Rights Act
• How do I avoid the pitfalls described above?
• What are the “hot” issues that federal and state agencies are pursuing?
• Is there a general checklist I can use to consider what HR practices I should audit?
• What are some free resources for enhancing HR compliance?