April 22, 2020
Pregnancy: The New, Preferred Protected Class?
More than half of our United States and even more local jurisdictions have enacted laws requiring reasonable accommodation (RA) for pregnant employees. This patchwork of laws combined with EEOC guidance and legal decisions may leave employers wondering, “What is our obligation?”
Join this interactive and engaging program (always with “live” polling questions) as we consider:
- the EEOC’s latest guidance on pregnancy accommodation and non-discrimination, including related to COVID-19;
- whether an employer can still maintain a light duty policy that applies exclusively to employees who are injured on the job;
- the latest state and local laws and how do they differ from one another;
- how RA for pregnancy differs from RA for disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act;
- some potential pitfalls and unintended consequences of the latest trends; and
- how some courts dealing with these issues.
This program is pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for 1.25 general/HR credits. To register, click here and then on “View Session Recordings” in the upper right corner $25/pp.