October 28, 2020
Happy Anniversary ADA! Trends, Tips & What’s on the Horizon
July 26th marked the 30th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). This October marks the 75th anniversary of National Disability Employment Awareness month. Yet, employers continue to face challenges (and fail) to comply with the requirements of this law and its regulations. Join this interactive program (with “live” polling questions and interactive Q & A), as we review cases, issues and agency guidance over the last 12 months. Topics will include:
- EEOC’s August 5th Use of Opioids Information for Employees
- EEOC’s latest charge statistics
- SCOTUS’ latest ADA decisions (2)
- Overlap issues in light of COVID-19, the FFCRA & ADA
- When assumptions live up to their name – aka perception discrimination
- Courts’ latest interpretations & definitions (what’s transitory & minor? What’s a substantial limitation?)
- Prescription drugs and mandatory disclosure
- Employees’ obligations: duty to disclose disability or request reasonable accommodation
- Predicting future disabilities
- …and more!
To register, click here and then on the “Upcoming Sessions” tab. $25 per person. Pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for 1.25 credits.