February 26, 2020
Exclusion thru Inclusion? Reverse Discrimination and Unintended Consequences of DEIB
Remember when we used to talk about the diversity iceberg? Then the conversation moved to inclusion. Now, the discussion turns on a sense of belonging in the workplace. All along the way, there have been concurrent repercussions. Legal challenges, diminished employee relations and other challenges from those who may feel excluded by not being included in spotlight issues. Join this interactive (and perhaps challenging) program as we consider:
- Does Title VII’s protection against religious discrimination include the absence of a religious belief or faith?
- Does an employer have legal liability for not firing a poor performer to avoid a discrimination lawsuit?
- What protection, if any, do white men have from workplace discrimination?
- Aside from required affirmative action, can an employer target certain populations to enhance the diversity of its workforce?
- What do research and statistics show about age discrimination against millennials as compared to older workers?
- What are the pros and cons of workplace affinity groups?
- …and more.
This program is pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for 1.25 credits. $25 per person. To register, click here and then on “View Session Recordings” in the upper right corner.