September 29, 2021
COVID-19 Vaccine Update: Who, What, Where, When, Why (& How)
On September 9, 2021 President Biden announced his plan for a “Path Out of the Pandemic.” The plan included two Executive Orders and two directives instructing employers across the country, in various industries, in the public and in the private sector to require certain employees to be vaccinated and others may have the option to be vaccinated or subject to testing. These include four key categories:
- A directive to the Department of Labor’s (DOL) Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to publish a Emergency Temporary Standard (ETS) for private sector employers employing “more than 100 employees”;
- An Executive Order (EO) for certain private sector employers who are government (sub)contractors;
- A directive to the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for workers in most health care settings that receive Medicare or Medicaid reimbursement; and
- An EO for federal executive branch employees.
Join this interactive program, sponsored by the HR Association of Southern Maryland (HRASM) as we review related issued including and not limited to:
- Who: Which employers and which employees are impacted?
- What: What determines if an employee must be vaccinated or may choose to be tested?
- Where: Is there any difference if the employee is vaccinated via an on-site, employer sponsored vaccine program or independently?
- When: As of what date or dates must employers and employee comply with the various requirements?
- Why: For what reasons might an employer that is not covered by any of these new requirements consider requiring the same?
- How should employers implement each of these requirements?
Pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for 1.25 hours. $25 per person – HRASM members attend for FREE. 10:00 – 11:15 a.m. ET
HRASM members click here to obtain your FREE promotion code.
Others – click here to register.