September 23, 2020
FREE COVID-19 & FFCRA Updates for Employers: Round 3!
As of this writing, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) is scheduled to publish revised FFCRA regulations on Wednesday, September 16, 2020. They will take effect the same day. Why is the DOL issuing revised regulations?
On August 3rd, a New York, federal court judge ruled that four provisions of the existing rules were invalid. While this is the most recent update, there have been many, many others since FiveL’s last FFCRA webcast on April 8th.
Join this interactive program as we review what has changed in the interpretation and application of the FFCRA in the last five (5) months and employers’ current rights and responsibilities under the Act. Topics will include and are not limited to:
- US DOL’s new rule effective September 16th;
- DOL’s other updates related to FFCRA administration and the interplay with the FLSA and FMLA;
- EEOC’s periodic updates related to testing, discrimination, accommodation and more;
- OSHA COVID-19 recordkeeping guidance;
- US CIS repeated extensions of temporary Form I-9 processing rules;
- IRS guidance for reporting FFCRA paid leave on W-2’s; and more!
This event is FREE! Pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for 1.25 credits. Click here and then on the “View Session Recordings” button in the upper right corner.
PLAYBACK NOTE: Please advance to 03:40 for the beginning of the audio program and recording.