March 25, 2020
Are You My Employer? Joint Employers and Non-Traditional Workers
On March 16, 2020 the U.S. Department of Labor’s (DOL) new Joint Employer rule took effect. On April 27, 2020, the National Labor Relations Board’s new Joint Employer rule will take effect. Guess what. They are not the same (shocking, I know). Concurrently, courts, regulatory agencies, Congress, state and local legislative bodies grapple with defining workers as employees or…something else. Join this interactive and engaging program before a worker asks you, “Are you my employer?” During the broadcast, we will review:
- the DOL’s new Joint Employer rule and its practical application;
- the NLRB’s new Joint Employer rule and its practical application;
- how federal agencies and states vary in their definitions of employees versus independent contractors;
- the latest on internships, when they can be paid or unpaid;
- proper classification of volunteers, including when it’s your employee; and
- what’s on the horizon;
- and more.
This program is pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM for 1.25 general/HR credits. To register, click here and then on “View Session Recordings” in the upper right corner. $25 pp.