April 24, 2020
14th Annual Employment Law, Legislative & Regulatory Update (Virtual!)
Join us for this full-day VIRTUAL seminar as we review legal, legislative and regulatory updates and trends over the last 12 months. Here’s a sneak peek at just some of the topics and issues that will be addressed:
- How active is the interactive dialogue?
- Is a future disability covered?
- Are applicants protected from age discrimination?
- Equal Pay Act
- How equal is equal work?
- Can salary history be a factor in deciding pay?
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- How do payroll “rounding” practices work?
- What are some of the most common pitfalls still plaguing employers?
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- Can an employer enforce attendance policies and procedures?
- What documentation can we require and when?
- National Labor Relations Act
- Are workplace investigations confidential?
- Can employers restrict employees’ use of company email systems?
- COVID-19 and FFCRA Updates (since FiveL’s April 8th webcast)
- Joint Employment, Marijuana in the Workplace, Retaliation & Title VII
- State law trends.
- What’s on the Horizon for these and more.
- A brief summary of the 427th session of the Maryland General Assembly and what may be on the horizon for 2021.
$79 per person. Includes program materials, access to the “live” and recorded program (thru 12/31/20); 6.5 credits pre-approved by HRCI and SHRM.
TIME: 8:30 – 4:00 Seminar with rest and lunch breaks.
LOCATION: Virtual – a computer or laptop near you!
To register, click here and then on “View Session Recordings” in the upper right corner.