Christine V. Walters, J.D., MAS, SHRM-SCP, SPHR – Sole Proprietor
In the vast array of human resource consultants and employment law attorneys,
What Sets FiveL Company Apart?
A unique perspective and rare combination of more than 25 years’ practical experience in management, human resources administration, employment law practice and teaching.
Ms. Walters has been engaged as an expert witness for the defense, presented at conferences across the country, testified before U.S. Congressional and state legislative committees and federal administrative agencies. Ms. Walters has been interviewed and quoted in a variety of media including television, radio and print media. Her first book, “From Hello to Goodbye: Proactive Tips for Maintaining Positive Employee Relations” has been a SHRMStore “Great 8” best-seller for eight consecutive years!
Ms. Walters also currently serves as an Advisory Board member to VirgilHR. Throughout her career, Ms. Walters has been honored with awards and accolades including:
- Nominee – Daily Record’s “Leadership in Law” Award, 2012
- Nominee – Small Business of the Year Award – Maryland Chamber of Commerce, 2011
- Small Business of the Year Award – B/W Corridor Chamber of Commerce, 2010
- Nominee – Daily Record’s “Leadership in Law” Award, 2009
- Finalist – Maryland Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year Award, 2009
- President’s Award – B/W Corridor Chamber of Commerce, 2003
- Capitol Award – Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), 2002
- Outstanding Leadership Award – American Society for Healthcare Human Resource Administration (ASHHRA), 1997
- Best Practices Award – ASHHRA, 1996
After working nearly ten years in human resources administration, Ms. Walters started FiveL Company in 1998 as a part-time practice while working full-time at the Johns Hopkins University as Program Director and Interim Department Chair. She discontinued FiveL Company when she joined the law firm of Saul Ewing LLP in 2000 and restarted the practice when she ventured out on her own to provide full-time human resources and employment law consulting in September 2002.
Ms. Walters also served as an adjunct faculty member of the Johns Hopkins University from 1999 to 2006, teaching graduate, undergraduate and certification level courses.
Ms. Walters has demonstrated her commitment to supporting and advancing the needs and interests of the business community, HR profession, and HR professionals by serving in a number of volunteer leadership roles at the national, state and local levels.
Ms. Walters is licensed to practice law in the state of Maryland.
Contact FiveL Company today for a free more information, tips and factors you might consider when shopping for an HR/Employment Law Consultant. You might just save some time and money!