Christine V. Walters, JD, MAS, SHRM-SCP, SPHR – Sole Proprietor
In the vast array of human resource consultants and employment law attorneys,
What Sets FiveL Company Apart? —
A unique perspective and rare combination of more than 25 years’ practical experience in management, human resources administration, employment law practice and teaching.
Ms. Walters has been engaged as an expert witness for the defense, presented at conferences across the country, testified before U.S. Congressional and state legislative committees and federal administrative agencies. Ms. Walters has been interviewed and quoted in a variety of media including television, radio and print media. Her first book, “From Hello to Goodbye: Proactive Tips for Maintaining Positive Employee Relations” has been a SHRMStore “Great 8” best-seller for seven consecutive years!
Throughout her career, Ms. Walters has been honored with awards and accolades including:
- Nominee – Daily Record’s “Leadership in Law” Award, 2012
- Nominee – Small Business of the Year Award – Maryland Chamber of Commerce, 2011
- Small Business of the Year Award – B/W Corridor Chamber of Commerce, 2010
- Nominee – Daily Record’s “Leadership in Law” Award, 2009
- Finalist – Maryland Chamber of Commerce Small Business of the Year Award, 2009
- President’s Award – B/W Corridor Chamber of Commerce, 2003
- Capitol Award – Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), 2002
- Outstanding Leadership Award – American Society for Healthcare Human Resource Administration (ASHHRA), 1997
- Best Practices Award – ASHHRA, 1996
After working nearly ten years in human resources administration, Ms. Walters started FiveL Company in 1998 as a part-time practice while working full-time at the Johns Hopkins University as Program Director and Interim Department Chair. She discontinued FiveL Company when she joined the law firm of Saul Ewing LLP in 2000 and restarted the practice when she ventured out on her own to provide full-time human resources and employment law consulting in September 2002.
Ms. Walters also served as an adjunct faculty member of the Johns Hopkins University from 1999 to 2006, teaching graduate, undergraduate and certification level courses.
Ms. Walters demonstrates her commitment to supporting and advancing the needs and interests of the business community and human resources profession by currently serving in a number of volunteer leadership roles including:
- Member, Labor Relations /Special Expertise Panel, SHRM
- Appointee, Governor’s One Maryland Blue Ribbon Commission
- Appointee, Mid-Maryland Workforce Development Board
- Official Blogger / Writer, We Know Next
- Gov’t Affairs Director, Maryland SHRM State Council
- Member, Editorial Advisory Board, FMLA Handbook, Thompson Publishing
- Member, Employment Issues Subcommittee, Maryland Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Gov’t Affairs Committee, Chesapeake Human Resources Association
- Member, Legislative Committee, B/W Corridor Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Carroll County SHRM (Founding President)
- Member, Howard County Human Resources Society
- Member, Frederick County SHRM
Ms. Walters is licensed to practice law in the state of Maryland.
Contact FiveL Company today for a free estimate and tips for factors you should consider when shopping for an HR/Employment Law Consultant. You might just save some time and money!